It is not uncommon for parents to believe they would know if their child has a vision problem; however, these issues can be hard to spot particularly if there is a problem in only one of the eyes.
If your child is not seeing properly, it can impact their ability to learn.
- 80 % of learning is visual for a child.
- 1 in 4 school-aged children has a vision problem.
- Children with vision problems are often misdiagnosed as having learning or behavioural disabilities.
- Children are often unaware they have a vision issue as they believe what they are seeing is normal.
- The earlier an eye health or visual problem is identified, the more likely it can be corrected.*
Check out @the_spectacle123 on Instagram for more cartoons about eye humour.
*Alberta Association of Optometrists