The safety of our patients, clients and eye care team is our number one priority. Strict measures and new protocols have been implemented to ensure that your visit to our clinic occurs in the safest manner possible. During the COVID-19 pandemic, some things will look a little different than what you may be used to. Please take a moment to review a summary of changes below that you can expect to see at your appointment.
All entering patients and clients will:
- require an appointment to be be seen for eye exams and/or dispensary sales, adjustments and glasses pick-ups.
- be required to wear a face mask (homemade or medical masks are fine).
- If you do not have one or forget to bring one, masks will be available for purchase at the front desk ($2.00/mask).
- be asked precautionary screening COVID-19 questions.
- undergo body temperature screening via a non-contact forehead thermometer.
- be asked to reschedule your appointment if you exhibit any cold or flu-like symptoms or if you do not pass the entering screening process.
- be asked to wait in our “virtual waiting room” in either your own vehicle or in line outside respecting physical distancing rules until a member of our team calls you to co-ordinate your entry into the clinic when it is safe to do so.
- be asked to come to your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision or require a companion due to mobility or language issues.
- be asked to either wash your hands or use our provided alcohol based hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the clinic.
- be asked to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet while in the clinic.
- be asked to avoid unnecessary touching of objects whenever possible to help keep our clinic sanitary.
Clinical changes to expect include:
- Appointment times are spaced further apart to limit the number of patients in the clinic at any given time.
- All clinic staff and doctors will be required to wear personal protective equipment which may include face masks, protective eyewear, gloves and scrubs.
- Large Lexan protective shields have been installed in every area where patient-staff interaction occurs.
- Hand sanitization stations will be available throughout the clinic for your use.
- All surfaces and common “touch points” including door handles, pens, credit card machine, keyboards, etc will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- All chairs, equipment and instruments that patients contact are sanitized after every patient encounter.
- Waiting room chairs have been removed to allow for proper physical distancing in between chairs.
- Touchless payments via tap are recommended whenever possible.
- “White glove service” will be provided in the dispensary where frame selection will be aided by a member of our sales team to limit the number of frames touched by customers.
- All frames handled by customers will be properly sanitized before being returned to the display board.
- Patients and clients will be asked to use the public restroom in the main mall.
- Handshakes and hugs will not be allowed to respect physical distancing requirements.
We are so grateful to have received such amazing support from our incredible community during these uncertain times and thank you in advance for your co-operation and patience as we carefully transition into this “new normal” together. From our entire team, we wish you and your family great health and safety during this pandemic and look forward to serving all of your eye care and eyewear needs!